Aspects of Evangelism
"Making more disciples of Jesus Christ through apt and
appropriate ways is a key priority for our Connexion"
(Martyn Atkins, General Secretary's Report to Conference,
Evangelism is an often misused and frequently feared word for
Christians and for Methodists. This series of short conversation
guides aims to put evangelism back on the map, and to help
individuals and groups explore some of the issues and pressures
people face in terms of mission and evangelism. It also offers some
tools for helping the whole people of God gain confidence and find
their voice again.
Each conversation guide picks up on a theme crucial to our
understanding and practice of evangelism:
- Desiring to share the gospel - What makes you want to share the
- What is the good news? - What is the good news and why does
sharing it matter?
- Problems and obstacles - Why is evangelism so difficult/hard
- Making evangelism central - How do we make evangelism a central
part of what we do?
- Images of evangelism (1) - What ways can help to make and
nurture new disciples?
- Evangelism and ethnicity - How can we learn about evangelism
for culturally diverse groups in the UK?
- Images of evangelism (2) - How can we change the image of
evangelism so that everyone sees it as something they should be
- Giving reasons for your faith - How do we go about explaining
the gospel in the 21st century?
Now is the opportunity for you to get a conversation going and
to hear the perspectives of different people in your church,
circuit and local community. Each guide can be used separately, or
the whole set can be part of an extended group series.
The downloads below are in Pdf format.
to share the gospel
- What is the
- Problems and
- Images of
- Images of
reasons for your faith
the complete resource as one Pdf.
For more information, questions or comment email email@example.com.