The Strategic Research Team is excited to announce a
major update to the Advanced Church webmap. For those
who haven't used this facility, it is a way of graphically
representing all the data we hold about the Church, alongside a
wide variety of government and census data (including age,
ethnicity, religion and deprivation).
This new update will introduce:
- A simpler but more powerful interface, allowing maps to be
viewed (and printed) full screen.
- Graphs of data over time, allowing much easier identification
of trends. This will happen automatically and requires no user
- Aggregation of data to circuit and district level to help
inform mission planning in different contexts and meetings.
- Government data aggregated to circuit level to help circuits
and churches better to understand their ministry.
- More use of groups and outreach data to help see the complete
picture of the activities of a church.
This update is currently at the pilot stage, and we are
looking for people to test the new site in advance of its public
This is in part to identify pre-launch bugs and issues, but we
also want to hear of ways the map could better support your
ministry and decision making. Are there specific charts or graphs
which would be helpful to add? Is there a function you would like
to see which is currently not available?
If you would like to take part in this pilot, please
Access the Advanced Church
webmap (July 2015 version)
Use the webmap to see Methodist churches, circuits and other
institutions mapped on their local environment. Click on
individual churches, circuits and Districts for call-out boxes with
Access the basic webmap (new
Find a local church using a searchable basic
- Sign up for e-newslettersKeep in touch with what interests you