There are many ways of using resources and modern technology to
pray in new ways. Here are just a few:
- Text prayer groups. People commit themselves to pray at a
particular time and text each other as a reminder; or one of the
group texts the others with a prayer or Bible text for
- Set up an e-mail group and send each other prayer ideas and
- Use images to stimulate prayer, e.g. postcards, or images from
magazines can be scattered around a room and people can choose one
that inspires or moves them. Have a time of quiet to pray about
issues that the images bring up and then invite those who feel able
to talk about the experience.
magazine is an excellent source of striking images that can
stimulate reflection and prayer.
- Create presentations use Power Point or OHPs to combine music
and images that might lead people into prayer. This is a great way
of offering intercessions in worship. Use images that reflect the
news and the world around us.
- Set up a Prayer Board at
church, low enough for children to reach. Encourage people to pin
prayers onto the board. Why not have a different theme each week?
Shape your note paper to reflect your theme, e.g. hand shapes for
thanksgiving; fish shapes for prayers about mission; leaf shapes
for creation. Have plenty of pens and pencils available for people
- Sign up for e-newslettersKeep in touch with what interests you